As summer rolls around I thought I'd give a little review and comparison of some cream blushes, both high end and drugstore because the warmer month are usually the ones to wear a lot of cream products, expecially on your face. I've been using and loving cream blushes for years and I have tried quite a few different brands. Even though I'm only going to present you three different ones, I've already used and finished a lot more so I have quite a good overview of the different brands. But let's get onto the three I'm gonna compare to each other.
MAC Cremeblend Blush
- retails for 20 USD (5,6g) which is quite pricey but they last a good amount of time
- comes in 6 different shades
- a little product goes a long way
- blends very easily with a brush, but not with the fingers
- very creamy, yet dries to a powdery finish
- doesn't dry out in the pan even after a year
- some of the colours don't show up that much
Topshop Cream Blush
- retails for 12 USD (4g)
- only comes in 3 different, very bright shades
- very stubborn to be removed
- blends really nicely, also with the fingers
- very cute packaging including a mirror
- only stays on for about 6 hours
- nice formula, not too stiff and not too creamy
NYX Cream Blush
- retails for 6,75 USD (3,5g)
- available in every drugstore
- comes in 12 different shades (even some shimmery ones)
- little sticky, doesn't fully dry to a powder finish
- little hard to blend, make sure to use a good brush
- can make a huge mess in the pan because of the liquid formula
- very pigmented, you only need the tiniest amount
Overall, the MAC Cremeblend Blush is my favourite so far but the other ones are great alternatives especially because they're a little less expensive.
Other ones I really recommend, but finished a while ago, are the YSL Crème de Blush and the NARS Cream Blushes, which range already in a higher price category.
What is your favourite cream blush? Do you prefer cream or powder?